What is the Kia Sportage Safety Rating?
The 2020 Kia Sportage is attractive to Orlando drivers for many reasons — the most important of which is probably the safety and security this SUV offers to you and your family. The team at Greenway Kia West breaks down the Kia Sportage safety ratings and technologies that promote a safe drive on Orlando and Winter Garden roads.
Kia Safety Rating – Sportage NHTSA and IIHS Scores
Kia has a legacy of high safety ratings, so it should come as no surprise that the new Kia Sportage has excellent marks from the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration):
- Overall NHTSA Safety Rating: 5 stars
- Overall Front Star Rating: 4 Stars. Front passenger-side – 4 stars and Front Driver Side – 5 stars.
- Overall Side Star rating: 5 Stars
- Combined Side Barrier and Pole Ratings — 5 Stars
- Rollover Rating — 4 Stars
Kia safety ratings from the IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) are characteristically solid. The 2020 Kia Sportage earned the IIHS’s highest ranking of “Good” on all the sections rated for crashworthiness, including:
- Small overlap front, driver’s side
- Small overlap front, passenger’s side
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof Strength
- Head Restraints and Seats
Kia Sportage Safety Features
These safety ratings are impressive because the Kia Sportage comes with advanced safety features that’ll keep you confident and calm on your Clermont-area commute.
- Iso-Structure™ Construction on the Sportage is made of steel alloys and with high-tension strength, improving the rigidity of the frame.
- Brake Assist and Traction Control feature automated assistance in situations when it counts.
- Blind Spot Monitor and Cross-Traffic Alert are just a couple of tech features that keep you aware of activity around your vehicle.
The following NHTSA-recommended features are available on all trims.
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Warning
- Crash Imminent Braking
- Dynamic Brake Support
Learn More About the Kia Sportage Safety Rating Greenway Kia West
Are you impressed by the safety rating on the Kia Sportage? Think you want to take this car around Kissimmee with your friends and family? Greenway Kia West can help put drivers around Orlando behind the wheel of this new SUV for the right price. You can come by, or check out our website for your payment options and our monthly specials.